- Tue, 7 May at 6PM
- Weekly classes
- Ages 13-18
- Tue, 7 May at 6PM
- Tue, 14 May at 6PM
- Tue, 21 May at 6PM
- Tue, 28 May at 6PM
- Tue, 4 Jun at 6PM
- Tue, 11 Jun at 6PM
- Tue, 18 Jun at 6PM
- Tue, 25 Jun at 6PM
Calling all youth (13-18 yrs) who are passionate about hip hop dance and are eager to perform and potentially compete.
If you have been to too shy to take a class or join a crew the Desire 2 Dance classes are for you.
Just bring a a positive ‘can do’ attitude and be prepared to work hard.
Students will learn hip hop routines whist working towards their very own showcase for their family and friends. (mid year/ end of year). If opportunity arises this class will also enter local competitions.
This class builds strength, stamina and style through contemporary hip-hop movement.
This class will run every Tuesday during the school term for 8 weeks.
Wear comfortable clothing i.e sweatpants, t-shirt, sneakers and a water bottle is a MUST!
Grew up with her grandparents in Glen Innes and was introduced to Hip Hop by her cousin at a young age. This has developed into a life long passion. Desiree has been involved with Te Oro for the last year working with Aue Dance Company. She is thrilled to return to Glen Innes in 2019 as a tutor at Te Oro to build up the Hip Hop classes for Juniors and Varsity groups. Desiree’s goal is to develop and train the Varsity students to form competitive dance crew to compete at local, regional and international Hip Hop Dance competitions.
Some of Desiree’s recent achievements
• Company Manager for Aue Dance Company.
• Choreographer for Ko Aue Teia season 1 at Te Oro
• qualified with Brady Bunch Academy to attend 2018 HHI World Hip Hop Championships
• attended 2018 HHI Word Hip Hop Championships with Brady Bunch Academy
• active within Hip Hop dance community regularly attending training opportunities and running intensives.
• 2014 Nations Megacrew winner with Fresh Nation ( Fresh Movement)
• Currently training with Auckland Krump community.